Saturday, February 5, 2011

Purple Eyes


Tonight I had a 21st birthday party which was themed as a toga dress up, and I just wanted to share the make up I did for the party, which was a purple and gold look. I think purple is just a beautiful colour for eyes and it suits all skin/hair/eye colours as u can vary the shade depending on your colouring.  For instance, I have a warm or yellow undertone, blue eyes and caramel/blond hair so I went for a deep purple. If you have fair skin and or eyes and feel a deep purple is too harsh, you might want to use more of a lavender shade instead.


So this is how it looked, and this picture I took when I got home from the party, which was about 5 hours and I didn't have to reapply anything except my lipgloss!



Products used.

How I achieved this purple look:

1. I applied Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer in 040 soft beige under my eyes, around my mouth and nose.
2. I applied Revlon ColorStay in 200 nude to the rest of my face and set with Maxfactor's loose translucent powder.
3. Next I used Chi Chi's Real Minerals Bronzer to contour my cheeks, under my chin and my temples. I also applied Rimmel's 001 Santa Rose blush to my cheeks for a flush of colour. This is like a muted pink with a hint of shimmer.
4. I applied MAC's paintpot in bare study (light shimmer pink/white) over my entire lid.
5. Next I applied a matte black (No.6) from my Sedona Lace palette to the outer 'V' of my lid and blended it out using MAC's 224 blending brush. You need to make sure this part is nice and black so it shows off the purple colour better.
6. Over the top of the black i applied a mix of No 3 and No 4 in my Sedona Lace palette ( a dark shimmery purple and lighter shimmery purple). I pulled this in 1/2 way on my lid and blended into the crease. I also dragged this down underneath my eye using an angled brush about 3/4 of the way.
7. I applied a mix of 1 & 2 to the inner half of my lid and the top brow part of my eyelid to highlight and soften the edges.
8. Next I added a hint of gold (No. 5) where the purple and white/cream meet on my lid, and on the inner 1/4 of the lower lash line.
9. I applied Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner to my top lash line, flicking it out at the ends for a slight cat-eye, applied MAC's Kohl eyeliner in smolder (black) to the waterline and curled my lashes and applied Maybelline's Define-A-Lash in black.
10. Lastly, I applied BYS's lip liner in 02 natural, NYX's 576 Frosted Flakes (goldy colour) and Maybelline's Natural Achiever (nude lip-gloss) to my lips.   

So that's the look, this is not an everyday look but I think it's great for like a party, clubbing, New Years etc. I definitely don't wear this much make up everyday!

Well, I hope you like the look! Until next time :)

Rachel xo


No comments:

Post a Comment