Friday, February 4, 2011

Birthday Haul

With my 22nd birthday just last week, I indulged in a little online retail therapy and as of today everything has arrived in the mail! So I thought I would share some of the beauty related things I got with everyone :)


This was actually a gift but its so handy I thought I'd include it. I've been wanting one of these to store my makeup in for ages and my boyfriend's mum got it for me for my birthday! It fits heaps of makeup and it's really sturdy for travel.


I got this M.A.C paint pot in Bare Study, a pale pink shimmery cream eyeshadow. I like to use it as a base for my eyeshadow to make my eyeshadow last longer and prevent creasing. It's also great used as a highlighter in the corner of the eye and on the brow bone. Just be sure to apply a powder over the top of any cream make up to set it, otherwise it will come off faster.


Then I got this Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. Bobbi Brown are meant to make the best gel eyeliners, I haven't had a chance to try it yet but i might do a review once I've used it a few times. It came with a little brush but I'll probably just use my own brush.


M.A.C brush set which includes numbers 275, 266, 194, 204 and 224.


Lastly I got this Sedona Lace 120 palette. I got this palette after reading a review on Anna Saccone's blog. These are every bit as good as the review says, there highly pigmented, go on so smooth and blend amazingly. I hate eyeshadow that u apply and cant even see, but this goes on with one sweep and has both matte and shimmer finish with lots of colours!. I've absolutely fallen in love with it.


 And here's just some swatches and a simple look i did today using the palette :)

Thats all for now, thanks for reading!

Rachel xo

2 comments:

  1. OMG Bobby Brown gel liner!! iina~~ please do a review on it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah i will! i cant wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete